Thursday, March 21, 2013

Primavera!


Yesterday was the first day of spring, wildflowers are blooming everywhere, the sun is shining. I've spent more than a little time the last couple of days sitting on the patio, soaking up the sun, doing some reading. I even painted my toenails, I'm ready for sandal season. 


We picked some of these flowers in our neighborhood, while walking Chloe and Cora. Others are from our casa. In Spanish, the word for backyard is jardin, literally garden. 


Pretty red poppies, yellow mimosa branches, and little white jasmine flowers. They're all lovely, but jasmine to me is what a Spanish summer smells like.


It might seem crazy to be talking about summer already since this is technically only the second day of spring, but it won't be long until it's time for tintos and trips to the beach. And I can't wait!

Anyone else glad that it's spring but really ready for summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola! Feel free to leave some love. Muchas gracias for stopping by!